NLP Fast Phobia Cure
The Fast Phobia Cure is a quick and effective method for overcoming phobias and the unpleasant feelings associated with trauma.
The fast phobia cure was developed by Dr. Richard Bandler and John Grinder, the founders of NLP, in 1976. At that time, the fast phobia cure was called the V-K Dissociation process, as the process removes the feeling from the visual stimulus that triggers the unconscious phobic response.
Fast Phobia Cure Steps:
- Set a safe or peaceful anchor for your client.
- Let the client find his / her unwanted fear.
- The client sits down in an imagined theatre.
- The client floats up out of the body and gently settles in a seat in the balcony.
- The client can watch himself or herself watching the screen from the balcony.
- Put the very beginning of the unwanted fear on the screen in the form of a black & white slide all the way to the end.
- Ask the client to run the "movie" backwards faster (can add some cartoon music playing) ie from the end to the beginning of the movie.
- Repeat 7 to 10 times, and each time accelerates the process.
- Find out the positive intentions of the fear. If it is necessary, we can find out the effective resources or any new behaviours which are more appropriate for the client.
- Break State & Future Pacing
The Fast Phobia Cure is a quick and effective method for overcoming phobias and the unpleasant feelings associated with trauma. We have to care about the emotions of the client and therefore, it would be better & safer to get an experienced therapist.